For the second year in a row, Startup Launch Class has proven to be a successful collaboration between ACE Venture Lab, ING and Strategiemakers. With the guidance of these joined forces, ten startups participated in a 10-week Lean Startup program. The young founders learned to accelerate their business and to develop a long lasting entrepreneurial skill set. During the closing event on Tuesday December 20, participants will pitch their businesses to a live audience.
About the program
Startup Launch Class teaches its participants to flip the way they learn by using the lean startup methodology. By taking their ideas out of the classroom into the real world, the startup teams learn to test their vision continuously and to anticipate when it’s time to pivot. With the support from entrepreneurs, consultants and a dedicated mentor, Startup Launch Class offers a great learning experience on developing a business model. ING supports the startup teams with an amazing team of agile coaches.
A tasty affair
The closing event promises to be a tasty affair with presentations from food-based businesses Pasteis, Twistywraps and Oesterwijf pitching their pasties, wraps and oysters respectively. If you are into arts and culture you may want to look out for the pitches from Sponsormeter and Ticketzdeal. The more active ones among us will be interested in Damsko’s vintage bikes and Stairway to Travel’s travel inspiration (do they offer journeys by zeppelin?). Investors looking for techstartups should watch out for Nanonow’s nanotechnology, Crowdpow’s marketing strategies and loan provider Flexlending.
Meet the startups
The following ten teams successfully participated in the Startup Launch Class from October to December 2016:
- Pasteis; bringing delicious Pasteis de Nata to coffee places
- Stairway to travel; offering travelers destination inspiration, previously selected as one of the two finalists for the UvA Startup Challenge 2016.
- Nanonow; bringing nanotechnology to companies
- Sponsormeter.nl; helping sponsor projects in the field of sports, arts and culture
- Crowdpow; connecting micro-influencers and large brands for marketing power
- Damsko; bringing back Dutch vintage bicycles
- Oesterwijf; providing the best Oyster experience at events
- Twistywraps; offering extravagant wraps at parties or events
- Ticketzdeal; building a new platform for the exchange of tickets
- Flexlending; offering a loan within five minutes for people with a temporary contract
What, where & how late?
Come and hear their pitches on Tuesday December 20th at the ING Acantus Office, Bijlmerdreef 24, Amsterdam. It is right next to Bijlmer Arena metro and train station. Walk-in and welcome from 15:30, pitches will kick off at 16:00. From 18:00 there will be the opportunity to get social and network with drinks (and hopefully with pasties, wraps and oysters).
To give you an idea what to expect, have a look at the after-movie from last year’s edition:
Let them know that you’re coming and sign up here: https://www.strategiemakers.nl/slc/.