Company Concludes Global Event Series Bringing more than 3,000 IT Leaders and Developers Together across Six Countries
LISBON, Portugal–(BUSINESS WIRE)–OutSystems, a global leader in high-performance application development, today announced the winners of its 2023 Innovation Awards. Leading global brands Roche, BEB Global, Fidelidade, Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited, Coppel Access, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg SA, and PETRONAS were recognized as the most innovative companies transforming their businesses through high-performance low-code.
The annual OutSystems Innovation Awards assess innovation initiatives from across the OutSystems customer base to honor and celebrate the organizations who best exemplify the power of low-code application development. Each year, the Innovation Awards show the power of the platform for building business-critical applications that drive a material impact on development time, cost, and talent for organizations around the world and across nearly every industry. The diversity in location, industry and transformation initiatives is clear in this 2023 class (winner details below).
OutSystems announced the winners at its finale Next Step Exec conference in Lisbon October 17, the last of the company’s 2023 event series that gathered more than 3250 IT leaders and low-code developers learning the latest trends and swapping success stories using the OutSystems platform. The OutSystems NextStep Exec featured major breakthroughs in innovation with high-performance low-code from some of the worlds’ largest brands – AbbVie, Carrefour, KeyBank, Roche, Western Union, Zurich and many more.
“We’re seeing a clear tipping point in the market where our customers are placing high-performance low-code at the heart of their business innovation journey”, said Tiago Azevedo, OutSystems CIO and Emcee of the NextStep Exec event. “It is truly inspiring to see the level of creativity, agility and success our platform enables as more and more organizations create applications that transform their business for the better. With our early strategic investment in AI-assisted technology, our customers will continue to be on the forefront of low-code as we drive the next big shift in the way software development is built and used.”
This year’s Innovation Award winners are:
- Roche: Roche is a global healthcare company focused on finding new medicines and diagnostics, and establishing data-based insights that evolve the practice of medicine and help patients live longer, better lives. Informatics at Roche plays an essential role in transforming healthcare by rapidly creating the solutions that help drive digitalization from group operations to research and development. Powered by OutSystems, the Roche Low-Code Enablement Application Platform (LEAP) is an enterprise tool designed to transform Roche’s approach to rapid application development. The platform enables its diverse informatics teams to deliver applications in close collaboration with business teams faster than with traditional development approaches.
- BEB Global: BEB Global (BEB) is a non-profit organization that promotes systemic change for vulnerable children. It operates in regions with large orphan populations, namely in Africa and Latin America, where the adoption process is typically complex and lengthy. BEB chose OutSystems to build the Children First Software, a solution that eliminates the inefficiencies in the adoption process. The solution follows the principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and guides institutions through a five-phase process that begins with creating a child’s digital profile and continues even after the child is reunited with relatives or adopted.
- Fidelidade: Fidelidade is the largest insurance company in Portugal, with operations in Europe, Latin America, Asia, and Africa. The company adopted OutSystems in 2008 as a strategic platform to support its digital transformation ambitions. Throughout this partnership, Fidelidade has launched over 300 business applications, including AutoDigital, a mobile app that leverages AI and machine learning algorithms to enable customers to inspect their vehicle remotely when acquiring an own-damage car insurance policy. Built by OutSystems, the AutoDigital application offers an easy step-by-step solution with constant feedback using video and augmented reality that allows any customer, regardless of their ability to use digital tools, to perform their car inspection remotely with their smartphone in less than five minutes. Created as a white-label and multilingual solution, AutoDigital can be used anywhere in the world.
- Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (HDFC): Founded in 1977, HDFC is India’s first specialized mortgage company and one of the largest retail financing institutions in the world. Focused on improving customer experiences and retaining its market-leading position, HDFC selected OutSystems as a strategic partner that would help them unleash productivity, enable agility, and ensure resilience. As part of that journey, HDFC used OutSystems to modernize legacy technology and develop Leap 2.0, a newly transformed underwriting system that eliminates the need for paper and manual reviews.
- Coppel Access: Coppel Access provides a cross-border payment platform, Appriza Pay, that facilitates payments throughout Latin America for various companies. Used to focusing on back-end solutions, Coppel Access trusted OutSystems to support its transition to consumer-facing products. The high-performance low-code platform gave them the confidence to launch Appriza Pay, a mobile wallet that offers financial services to the underbanked Latin immigrant community in the United States.
- Banque Internationale à Luxembourg SA: Banque Internationale à Luxembourg implemented an automation strategy a few years ago to improve the bank’s efficiency and the customer journey. With OutSystems, the company built the Automation Hub, a platform that centralizes all the bank’s automated processes. The platform leverages robotic process automation (RPA), Optical Character Recognition (OCR), and natural language processing (NPL) within a single hub powered by OutSystems capabilities, which helps the automation team enable a better experience for customers.
- PETRONAS: With multiple lines of business, PETRONAS’ IT department was looking for a partner that could help them keep up with the increasing demand for custom applications. They needed a platform that enabled their IT team to accelerate the pace of software development, improve developer experience, and reduce the cost to serve. With OutSystems, PETRONAS maximized the productivity of its development team and established a citizen development program that empowers business users to build the applications that they need to perform their day-to-day jobs more efficiently.
To learn more about OutSystems customers and the transformative impact of high-performance low-code software development, visit the company’s customers stories page at https://www.outsystems.com/case-studies/.
OutSystems was founded in 2001 with the mission to give every organization the power to innovate through software. The OutSystems high-performance low-code platform gives technology leaders and developers the tools to rapidly build and deploy their own business-critical applications. The company’s network spans more than 700,000 community members, 400+ partners, and active customers in 87 countries across 22 industries. OutSystems is “The #1 Low-Code Platform®” and a recognized leader by analysts, IT executives, business leaders, and developers around the world. Some of the most well-known brands use OutSystems to turn their big ideas into software that moves their business, people, and the world forward. Learn more at www.outsystems.com.